USE OF THE SITE BY YOU
You must use the Site at all times in accordance with these Site Terms.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Site Terms, we may, in our absolute discretion, refuse you or any other person access to part or all of the Site at any time and for any reason.
River Action UK “River Action” does not warrant that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error free. To the extent permitted by law, River Action shall not be liable for delays, interruptions, service failures or other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications or other systems outside the reasonable control of River Action UK.
We do not have, and expressly disclaim, any liability to you in connection with any content, information, text, graphics, images, audio or video, or material created or uploaded to the Site (‘Content’). We cannot guarantee, and make no representations in relation to the completeness or accuracy of any Content.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any Content of another user of the Site for any purpose other than for the purpose for which it has been posted.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Site may contain links to other websites. We have no control over websites operated by third parties and you agree that we are not responsible for, and will have no liability in connection with, your access to, or use of, any third party website.
River Action may at any time novate, assign, transfer, mortgage, charge or deal in any other way with these Site Terms (or part thereof) or grant or confer the benefit of any right arising under these Site Terms.
If any provision of these Site Terms is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity will not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid. These Site Terms will be interpreted to carry out the intent to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We may modify these Site Terms from time to time by posting the modification(s) or updating these terms and conditions on the Site. Unless otherwise specified by us when posted, all modifications will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to any modification(s), your only recourse will be to cease using or accessing the Site. If you continue to access the Site after any modification becomes effective, then your access will constitute acceptance of such modification.
All notices of any kind shall be in writing and shall be delivered to our registered address and in your case, to the address we have on file for you.
River Action takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting your privacy online. All reasonable endeavours have been used to make sure that the content and accuracy of our communications with you are consistent with normally accepted standards and practices.
We aim to safeguard our users’ privacy whilst providing a personalised and valuable service. Collecting personal information is necessary if we are to satisfy the expectations and requirements of our users, e.g. by communicating with them and providing an interactive service.
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t always guarantee the security of your data. Where possible, we have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it, but any data you transmit is at your own risk.
The types of data we will collect are:
- Information about how you use the website, such as IP address (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This will help us to determine how many people use our sites, how often you visit, and which pages you like the most. We don’t use this information to identify you, such as where you live.
- Personal information, such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, information about your interests and hobbies will only be collected in connection with specific activities and campaigns, such as newsletter sign-ups. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service by analysing or reviewing the information that you provide to ensure that we give you access to or send you the information that you are interested in.
- User data collected by Google Analytics via cookies. The information gathered is not personally identifiable. It is used to provide us with an overview of the type of users visiting our website. To opt out, please visit this site.
How do we use this information?
- Fulfil your requests, for example entering data for questionnaires, participation in campaigns and provision of information.
- Provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites e.g. by customising the content and or layout of our pages for each individual user.
- Record any contact we have with you;
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- In aggregate (and therefore anonymously) to profile your use of the websites and carry out research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use the websites, and to enable us to improve our service to you; and
- Provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you, as explained below.
When submitting your personal information, you will be given the option not to be included in mailings from River Action (whether by post, e-mail or other electronic messaging, telephone or fax). If you do agree to receive this information and later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted, you can let us know by e-mailing: email@example.com
If we contact you by email or text message, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
We may disclose personal information if we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from our site, if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of River Action, its site or its visitors.
Except as indicated above we will not use or transfer this data to any third parties without your prior permission.